SamuraiDA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A samurai rp, with fantasy and action. This site is unrated.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kyra's Techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyra
Kage
Kyra

Kyra's Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Kyra's Techniques   Kyra's Techniques I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:38 am

Name Of Your Technique: Japanese: Sobou Shuuryou English: Violent End

How You Learned It: As it a basic technique of the Hakabakashii Zetsume It was learned at an early stage. She did learn the style on her own through scrolls she had found talking about the style. This technique was in one of said scrolls.

Effect: Using Hakabakashii Zetsumei the user unleashes two slashes in the shape of an X. It is recommended to dodge instead of block unless you have a lot of strength. The first slash of the X is usually used to hit the enemies sword out of the way and the second is used for a killing blow. (The strength of the first knocks the sword back giving an opening then the second is aimed at chest region. It is easily dodged sadly.)

Cooldown: 3

Duration: 1

Last edited by Kyra on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nanamatsu Doki
Kuro Hogosha
Nanamatsu Doki

Kyra's Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyra's Techniques   Kyra's Techniques I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:05 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down
https://samuraida.darkbb.com
Kyra
Kage
Kyra

Kyra's Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyra's Techniques   Kyra's Techniques I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 am

Completed.

Second Tech:

Name Of Your Technique: Japanese: Sobou Shuuha English: Violent Destruction of Life

How You Learned It: Kyra encountered a grand master of the her style and learned it from him. (Requirements to learn actual ability. 1,500 word count RP with the grandmaster. Will do it before actual use of ability.)

Effect: Unleashes a powerful 5 hit combo that seems to emit heat. (Fire element. Doesn't actually emit fire.) The user focuses their energy into both their arms and grabs the hilt of the sword with both hands. (Hakabakashii Zetsumei Is traditionally a one hand style to has a better control over the power. Doing it with two hands for a beginner is dangerous as it leaves them extremely vulnerable to attacks. It takes a master to know how to use this effectively.) The user then draws the sword up to their face point towards their enemy. Then when the enemy attacks the user takes advantage. (Drawing it up to their face like so leaves a wide opening. Thus drawing the enemy in to an attack, but this is just a feint as the user will typically use the first hit to block the enemy sword. It does take a good amount of awareness and intelligence to use this technique as it requires the user to read their opponent's first move before hand. The technique can also be used as an offensive right off the bat instead of a defensive then switching to offensive. The slashes typically start off as weak then gets stronger. The technique requires the user to have a lot of stamina as most often it is found to be a draining technique. (Requires at least one in water and fire.)

Ichi(One):

Defensive: User begins to pour energy into their arms and takes a stance. The user then unleashes a first slash according to the enemies movements. The user requires a decent amount of intelligence and needs to be able to read opponent's movements to predict the next attack as the enemy advances. This can potentially kill the user if they aren't prepared or experienced enough. The user then blocks the oncoming strike with an attack, countering it with more force than a normal block.

Stance description: The user draws the blade to head level and haves the blade pointing at the enemy. The user grabs the hilt with both hands. This leaves the user open as a trap for the enemy.

Offensive: User focuses for a second allowing energy to quickly flow into arms and starts off with a first slash that is meant to push the enemy back.

Power:This first hit is about 120% of users strength and power.

Visual Effect: The sword remains blue with a very small hint of orange in the middle.

Ni(Two):

Defensive: The user now attempts to counter attack with a stronger attack. The attack takes advantage of the ichi and uses it almost simultaneously to it. This will push the opponent back and they should feel a slight twinge in their arm from the attack if blocked. (Can switch to offense. San offense and continue from there.)

Offensive:The user continues it attack from ichi offense and attacks them with a stronger attack pushing them back even farther. If blocked the enemy should feel a twinge in their arm. (Can switch to San Defense.)

Power:The second hit is about 145% of users strength and power.

Visual Effect: The orange glow becomes a little more apparent in the middle of the sword, but the blade still mainly remains blue.

San(Three):

Defensive: The user backs off after the counter attack and adopts another stance. The user waits for the opponent to attack again.

Stance description this time the user holds this hilt with one hand at waist level and put their open palm at the bottom of their hilt, blade pointed towards opponent. The user also is completely sideways at the opponent, left foot closest to the opponent.

Offensive: San offensive hits the opponent hard, this attack continues from the attack off the defensive stance or from the offensive. If blocked the enemy will fell a dull pain in their arm. This also puts some stress on the users arm, but isn't enough to effect the user's performance.

Power:The third hit is about 170% of users strength and power.

Visual Effect:The orange glow now consumes half the sword the outer part of the blade is blue, while the middle is completely orange.

Shi(Four):

Defensive:Shi defensive is a technique that utilizes speed instead of strength. Which is not exactly the best for people who use this style. It attempts to dodge an oncoming attack then counters with a thrust attack. It starts off with the thrust and then before it hits the user hits the bottom of the hilt to propel it. Making it harder to dodge, but is easier to block. This attack also disarms the user temporarily.

Offensive:This attack is meant to end it if opponent still stands. The user now backs off a little and wields the blade single handed and strains their arm and combines the previously built up energy. The user also pulls their hand behind them for the momentum increase for maximum damage. The user then attacks with everything they got. The swing their blade and twist their body, hitting the opponent with their weight, momentum, energy and strength of the user. This hits them hard and if the opponent blocks, they will feel it all the way up to their shoulder feeling a good amount of pain. This also may disarm the opponent. The user's arm will feel slightly weaker and heavy from the stress up to this point. If the opponent completely dodged it and the user only hit air. The stress the user feels is lessened by a good amount.

Power: The fourth hit is about 200% of users strength and power.

Visual Effect: The blade is now almost completely orange with a small hint of blue

Go(Five):

Defensive:The user quickly retrieves their sword. If the opponent is dead the user sheaths their sword, but if not. The user uses the offensive go as the final defensive upon retrieving their sword.

Offensive: The user puts some distance from the opponent. Then begins to gather energy and spreads it out differently, by spreading it into the legs and arms. The user then unleashes it all at once by sprinting full speed at target. (The user is slightly quicker due to energy output.) The user then jumps when close enough and is launched into the air. (Like 4 feet off the ground due to energy output.) The user angles their body vertically and spins in the air with sword, crashing down upon the opponent with their sword. The user lands on their feet and the orange effect disperses from the blade. The effects from the blow have a high chance of disarming the opponent if they attempted to block blow. (Earth element or Strength style user is recommended if blocking.) Pain received is also a good amount. It is felt up to the shoulder and performance is lessened. (With arm it was blocked with. If blocked with two hands it breaks it up evenly, but still hurt a good amount and performance is only slightly lessened.) Also when the orange is dispersing it seems as if smoke is rising from the sword. (Optical illusion. Smoke does nothing, but make it seem cooler.) The user's arm is hurting and stressed, performance is lessened for the user. This attack often cuts through blocks and ends up injuring the opponent.

(Damage increase modifier: Gravity, Momentum, Strength, Fire element, Energy(Style.), and Weight.)

Power:The fifth and final hit of this tech is 235% of the users strength and power.

Visual Effect: The blade is completely orange and inside the sword it seems as if there is a fire burning.

Cooldown: 10 posts

Duration: 2-4 posts

Technique Notes: Pure offensive takes only two turns to complete the technique. First three moves are used in one post and the final two are used in the next. (Not to be crazy with attacks.) The attack can be interrupted if done right and cancel out the other two. Defensive takes 4 posts due to the constant effect of switching to defense then countering. Mixed takes 3 posts, due to the mix of offensive and defensive. Shi defensive and Go defensive are connected into a single post. (To equal four.)

Notice:Listing Style as a reminder and something to help decide. I'm only listing this because of what I said in side note. (Scroll down.)

Style Name (Reminder.): Hakabakashii Zetsumei

Ability(Reminder.): Strength.
Through constant training of body and mind the user is able to focus their energy into their strikes. (Ex of these energies: Chi and Chakra.) This allows the user to unleash devastating blows that can cripple an enemy even when they block. (Not literal meaning.) The users body must be able to take a lot of damage while using this style as it tends to leave openings very easily if not used correctly. (Recommended elements Water, Fire and Earth.) In rumor there has been techniques that have been heard to unleash up to a five wave combo with the same strength. (Future technique.)

Important Side Note: You are welcome to deny this as I think it may be too early for my char to have this technique, but since I'm an officer I thought I may as well attempt it. It is one of the most powerful techniques in my style. It also takes a master of the style to learn it. I'm only basing this off of a recent promotion to officer and technically my character isn't ready for this technique as if i was starting from that RP.
Back to top Go down
Nanamatsu Doki
Kuro Hogosha
Nanamatsu Doki

Kyra's Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyra's Techniques   Kyra's Techniques I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:06 pm

I understand what you are trying to accomplish with the combo's and switching of stances, however the nature of what you have presented feels more like a sort of interchangeable style that would aim toward adapting in battle for the sake of chaining your own personal combo's. I don't see this as a technique so I must respectfully deny this.

However, I do realize you have put in a lot of effort into this so I will give you some suggestions should you feel inclined to rework this or do something entirely different all together.

- Keep things descriptive yet concise, if you find yourself typing paragraphs to describe your techniques effect then you need to re evaluate and focus on the main goal you are trying to have accomplished. Loads of information like that are a recipe for disaster as it not only can cause confusion but it can be misinterpreted and become host to a lot of conflict when trying to use it in battle.

-I do not know whether this may help you or not but try to stay fundamental out of the technical skill of your style. You can be creative but also try to make it clever/ingenious as well. Also, you don't need to make a technique to have combo's, you can create them in battle situations. In my opinion making preset combo's will limit you in the long run as you will only be able to take advantage of battle conditions that suit your approach, and rarely will you find perfect conditions that you can freely take advantage of.
Back to top Go down
https://samuraida.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Kyra's Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyra's Techniques   Kyra's Techniques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyra's Techniques
Page 1 of 1